WordPress links of the week (March 10, 2014): Q&A plugins, Tab Plugins, HTML5 Galleries…
News, plugins tips, tutorials and more from the world of WordPress that I found interesting and/or useful:
- The Top 6 Question and Answer Plugins (wpmudev)
- 7 Terrific Free WordPress Tab Plugins (wpmudev)
Tabs allow you to break up a lot of information and put it into one small space.
- Widget Customizer Officially Merged Into Core for WordPress 3.9 (wptavern)
Widget editing with live previews
- Don’t Waste Time Improving Your WordPress Site Search (wpmudev)
Ask yourself whether adding that [search] plugin is adding real value for the majority of your visitors or whether you’re simply adding to your WordPress maintenance burden.
- How to Set Default CSS Background Properties in WordPress Themes (wptavern)
Adding custom background support to the customizer
- How to Create an Awesome User Account / Profile Page in WordPress (wpmudev)
- How to Hide Media or the “Add Media” Button in WordPress (wpmudev)
First, we’ll hide the “Add Media” button from lower level users altogether. And then we’ll go over a solution that will let users upload media, but they won’t be able to see or access media uploaded by others.
- The Shift to a Front-End Editing Experience and How it Affects WordPress Development (wpexplorer)
a front-end editor will allow users to create posts, add images and other media, and adjust a post’s layout without ever having to venture into the back-end of the site.
- How to Set Yourself Up for Long-Term Clients After Launching a WordPress Site (managewp)
- HTML5 Galleries in WordPress 3.9 (themeshaper)
With the new release of WordPress will come the ability to declare support for HTML5 markup in galleries.
- How to properly change and reference various WordPress directories (poststat.us)
- Google Analytics Help: Set Goals in Analytics (embracewp)