Stanford has recently launched a new main library website, based on
Drupal 7. Stuart Snydman wrote a nice blog post describing the technical approach taken for
some of the more important features on the new Library website, including
- the use of cloud hosting of Drupal
- simpleSAMLphp Shibboleth implementation
- integration of the SearchWorks API into search results and for link-management elsewhere in Drupal
- a panels-based approach to library guides using widgets (fieldable panel panes and in-place-editing)
- library hours, which includes a RESTful API that is soon to be documented.