Under the direction of the Coordinator for Library Technology and Systems and the general supervision of the Associate Dean, the incumbent will provide programming support for Library applications and systems. The incumbent will work closely with user departments to create technical application and system solutions to a wide variety of standard and non-standard functional problems. These applications and systems include open source, custom and vendor API-based that support the computing needs of the University.
The successful candidate will help design, develop, and implement websites and online applications. Knowledge, abilities, and skills that are essential to this position include the following.
- Demonstrated experience with development frameworks and platforms.
- Thorough understanding of database systems including MySQL.
- Demonstrated experience working with content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Demonstrated understanding of a variety of Web technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of structured programming techniques and the ability to use appropriate productivity tools to provide for more rapid development of application.
- Ability to use project management tools.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with end users, and with all individuals both within and outside the University including vendors.
- Strong ability to quickly develop new skills and expertise.